What we requested in the TSW (the same as what INTT requested):
- The experiment will run parasitically with T1439, and the beam request of T1439 meets the needs of this experiment: 1) 2 GeV secondary beam low intensity and lead brick for multi-scattering 2) 8 GeV secondary lowintensity 3) 120 GeV primary beam low intensityIf compatible with other users, some running at 20 GeV secondary beam at low intensity is also desired.
- 10k-100k particles/spill
- The particle composition of the beams is not critical. It is expected that the 120 GeV primary beam will be protons, and the secondary beams will be a mixture of protons, pions and muons.
- beam spot: 1 cm^2 or less preferred
What we will try to measure/test:
- Efficiency with different ALPIDE parameters
- Tracking/resolutions in a clean environment (120 GeV protons) and different ALPIDE parameters
- Cluster size with different beam energies
- Data rates with high occupancies and/or trigger rates
- Cluster size with different beam angles
- Cluster size with high occupancy (overlapping clusters)
- Cluster size with different ALPIDE parameters
ALPIDE parameters include DAC parameters (Alex will decide these), bias, trigger delay